Hey everyone! Today is my 1st "theme day" for "Personal Wednesdays". The macro goal here is to set aside some of my writing time to explore "traditionally non-work" ideas (which I'm underindexed on, imo). Another (kind of weird) goal is to create a body of work to show possible future (romantic) partners. (i.e. If you want to know how I think about relationships, check out Personal Wednesdays.) From a "writing style" perspective, I expect this theme to embody more of a casual + experimental writing style.
As a start, I just want to "fill out" my backlog with some of the topics I might be interested in writing about:
- Meta: how much to push the vulnerability / authenticity piece?
- Related: How much can I / should I say about my personal life? e.g. It's likely that I'll stay away from exposing vulnerabilities that other folks have shared with me, but what about my own? Should I talk about my sex life? What about my childhood?
- Things that I'm ashamed of. (And a macro desire to have folks "exposing" themselves first rather than vice versa.)
- Trying to understand my needs. (How to Work With Me doc, but for relationships.)
- Different feeling wheels.
- NVC and victim blaming.
- Attachment Styles vs. a Non-attachment mindset
- She Comes First and other great books on sex
- (Generally examining other books in this area. e.g. Goodreads 1, 2 and this monster.)
- Therapy as a process to understand the most important pieces of your childhood.
- Pride, shame, fear, and other emotions in my childhood.
- Exploring my mom's early-onset Alzheimers (and my reaction).
- Kegan's stages manifest in my life. (Grey pilling through understanding frameworks then seeing them as an object.)
- All things meditation. How to make a consistent practice. Recommended apps. Macro goal and process. My current progress.
- Physical health.
- Relationships, commitment, and freedom.
- Different dating sites (OKCupid, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Weed and my ASI experience.
- Big 5, rationality, and optimization in relationships.
- Hobbies: Music, Calvin and Hobbes, games (Starcraft, MtG, board games)
- What is love?
- Human Systems
See you next Wednesday!