My name is Rhys Lindmark. I currently work as the Head of Community and Long-Term Societal Impact MIT Media Lab’s Digital Currency Initiative. I focus on the ethics and impact of blockchain technology, and how to catalyze paradigmatic change.
Some recent work:
- I'm teaching a Blockchain Ethics class with Neha Narula and Joi Ito at the MIT Media Lab in Fall 2019.
- I self-tax 20% of my post-tax income to give to various charities.
- I co-organized the 1st ever "Society & Systems" track at Devcon4, with great speakers like Stewart Brand, Tracy Chou, Liv Boeree, Glen Weyl, and Primavera de Filippi.
Here are some of my favorite writings from my site:
- Use These 5 Powerful Mindsets To Understand Our Uncertain World
- Defining Meta Existential Risk
- ____ LivesMatter
- Attachment vs. Non-Attachment
- Carbon Offsets-as-a-Service
- A Visual Representation of Liberal Radicalism
- My How to Work with Me Manual
- My Process for Finding Weird Music
- Book Review of "Just Giving"
PGP Fingerprint: 5CA3 36FE DA6F ACE0 3F5D 217B 4DB4 B0E0 7DB5 028A